Adam Young




September 2009 (Enchanted)


After emailing back and forth for a few months, Taylor attended one of Adam's Owl City concerts. She wrote the song Enchanted about meeting him that evening: "

It was about this guy that I met in New York City, and I had talked to him on email before, but I had never met him. And meeting him, it was just this overwhelming feeling of: I really hope that you're not in love with somebody. And the whole entire way home, I just remember the glittery New York City buildings passing by and then just sitting there thinking, am I ever gonna talk to this person again? It was that feeling of pining away for a romance that may never even happen, but all you have is this hope that it could, and the fear that it never will." Adam later rerecorded the song on Valentine's Day for his fans and admitted, "
I bought her record at midnight when it came out and I was playing through it top to bottom. I love the classic adding up the letters in her lyrics. I got to that song and it added up to my name and I had to take a step back and decipher the code. We emailed back and forth for a while and she made some comment that I used the word 'Enchanted' and the word 'Wonderstruck' in an email and she said how she had never heard anyone really use that word before, so when that word was in the song, I was like this song has to be about me."


Sources: 1, 2

No comments:

Post a Comment