Enchanted (Speak Now)


Enchanted has one of the more well-known backstories, detailing the night Swift met Owl City’s Adam Young. She says it is “about a guy who I was enchanted to meet, obviously. He was somebody that I had talked to a couple of times on email, and then I was in New York and went to meet him… I got home and he had emailed me and said something like, ‘Sorry I was so quiet. I was just wonderstruck meeting you.’ And so I incorporated the word wonderstruck into the song.” All OC fans can attest to the fact that Young is a fan of the word, but the best evidence is his response cover released for Valentine’s Day 2011 that sneaks Taylor’s name into her lyrics. It has been confirmed that the two met at a concert in NYC in September 2009.

Sources: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment