Speak Now (Speak Now)

Hidden Message: You Always Regret What You Don't Say

The title track from Swift’s third album Speak Now experiments with an uncharacteristic vocal style. Swift shared her inspiration behind the lyrics in a video: "The song was inspired by the idea of bursting into your ex-boyfriend's wedding and saying ‘Don't do it'-which was originally inspired by one of my friends and the fact that the guy she had been in love with since childhood was marrying this other girl," she explained. "And my first inclination was to say, ‘Well, are you gonna speak now?' And then I started thinking about what I would do if I was still in love with someone who was marrying someone who they shouldn't be marrying. And so I wrote this song about exactly what my game plan would be...”

Sources: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment