The Story Of Us (Speak Now)

Hidden Message: CMT Awards

Taylor Swift shares the background of The Story of Us in an interview saying, “It was at an awards show and there had been this falling-out between me and this guy. I think both of us had so much that we wanted to say, but we’re sitting six seats away from each other, just fighting this silent war of ‘I don’t care that you’re here.’ I remember getting home and sitting at the kitchen table and saying to my mom, ‘It was like I was standing alone in a crowded room.’ That’s when my eyes glazed over and I got distracted and walked away to write. My mom is used to me doing that.” It has been confirmed that the song refers to the 2010 CMT Awards where John Mayer performed with Keith Urban. Swift confessed in an interview with USA Today’s Brian Mansfield that Dear John and The Story of Us were both inspired by the same guy.

Sources: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment