Fifteen (Fearless)

Hidden Message: I Cried While Recording This Song

Taylor Swift’s most monumental year so far regarding her development as a songwriter is undoubtedly her freshman year of high school. She wrote Fifteen about her experiences during this transitional time. The senior boy she refers to is most likely now ex-boyfriend Brandon Borello. Swift began writing the song around the line, “Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind” and worked backwards from there. When asked about her best friend Swift responded, “I have a best friend — Abigail Anderson in Hendersonville, Tennessee. We met when I first moved to Hendersonville and started going to HHS, which is where I went to school up until a year ago. We became best friends right away, and we had English class together. We went through just about everything together. As soon as I released a single, I was gone a lot on radio tours. I lost touch with a lot of people. It's like out of sight out of mind when you are gone. You figure out who your real friends are. Abigail has been one of the ones that I have stayed in touch with through everything.” Anderson has stated that she is touched that Taylor would want to share her story and hopes her story encourages other girls.

Sources: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment